Glycolic Acid Peel
Glycolic acid was discovered in 1848 by French chemist Augusta Laurent. It is a type of alpha-hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane & sugar beets and works in a number of ways, primarily through its exfoliation properties.
It has the smallest molecular structure of the AHA acids and therefore is absorbed much quicker and deeper into the upper layers of the epidermis giving optimal effects.
Here it weakens the binding properties of the lipids that hold dead cells together, allowing the layer of dead skin cells to dissolve revealing the underlying skin.
Glycolic Acid is excellent in the management of:
- Acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Pigmentation – sun & age spots, hormonal influencers
- Anti-ageing – reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Regulating oily skin by reducing the amount of sebum secreted
- Improving dry skin through exfoliation and improving skin texture
BeautyLab Glycolic Peel 10-30%
BeautyLab’s concept is to build up the level of Glycolic Peel through time and strength, whilst layering soothing, hydrating & protective products. Treatments include cleanse, exfoliant, peel, neutralizer, mask, conditioning & moisturising SPF
Face 30 mins £55
Back or Chest 30 mins £55
Face & Back or Chest 60 mins £90
Hands 20 mins £45
Face & Hands 45 mins £80
Epiderma 5 Glycolic Peel 40%
Epiderma 5 has a faster Peel application time and a simple 4 step procedure making this a highly effective time saving treatment. Treatment includes cleanse, peel, neutralise & moisturising SPF.
Face 20 mins £55
Back or Chest 20 mins £55
Face & Back or Chest 45 mins £90
Hands 20 mins £55
Face & Hands 45 mins £90
Environ Cool Peel Treatments
Please go to the ENVIRON section to see the selection of Environ Cool Peel Treatments which combine a variety of Lactic Acid Peel solutions and Electro-sonic Technology to suit all skin types.
Pre-treatment and aftercare advice
- Please attend your appointment without contact lenses
- This treatment is not suitable during pregnancy or breast feeding
- Glycolic peels may cause slight redness in the first 24 hours which normally resolves in a couple of hours
- Your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight for a couple of weeks following the treatment so an SPF of 30 (15 if Environ) or higher is needed for daily wear
- Do not swim, sunbathe, vigorously exercise for 24 hours following your peel
- No hair removal treatment, heating treatments, harsh exfoliation or fake tanning should be carried out for at least 48 hours
- Continue treating the skin at home with recommended products
Why not add the following to your Peel
Dermalux LED Phototherapy (see Dermalux LED section for details)
30 mins – £28
Environ Hand or Foot Vitamin Wrap (combined with facial)
20 min – £25
The Vitamin Wrap effectively softens, smoothes and revives the appearance of dry, sun damaged skin on hands and feet. The intelligent combination of AHA’S and essentials vitamins A, C and E will help to deeply nourish and reveal healthier, more even-toned and youthful-looking skin.